LRD eServices for Firearms and Private Security Licensing - disclaimer
- This website will enable you to interact and transact with the Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) for the purposes of applying for a Private Security or Firearms licence.
- Before you start any transactions, you may wish to obtain advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
- Information provided on this website may be in the form of summaries and generalisations - it may omit detail that could be significant in a particular context or to your personal circumstances.
- Some information is provided to us by third-party data providers and may not be accurate, complete or up to date. As a result, LRD accepts no responsibility (express or implied) for the accuracy, currency and completeness of information.
- Some transactions relate to particular licence types - it is your responsibility to ensure you choose the correct options for your transaction.
- It is your responsibility to give us correct and complete information. The provisions of the Firearms Act 1996 and the Private Security Act 2004 prescribe penalties for making false or misleading statements.
- Links to third-party websites are inserted for your convenience but do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
- We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that LRD eServices is provided continuously, with minimal disruption for system maintenance and fixing faults.
- You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We will take all reasonable actions to ensure that LRD eServices and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful surreptitious code or contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware, will enter LRD eServices.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- LRD eServices accepts no liability or responsibility for any interference with or damage to your computer, software or data occurring as a result of accessing LRD eServices. However, we will do our best to help you if we can.
- We may sever links to a website or system outside our control if it compromises LRD eServices.